Wednesday, April 12, 2006

wandering in to update

I got my finger pricked last saturday, so somewhere out there is a form with a little bit of paper on it that's got my blood all over it. That's going to be tissue typed (for a whopping $150 which the BMDP pays for - that's why they need the money) and entered into the BMDP's database.

So when someone out there contracts leukemia, they're going to be tissue typed too, and that tissue type takes the form of a number. If I match the first 12 digits of that number, or even the first 6, I'll be a bone marrow donor. But that chances of that happening? 1 in 20,000.

They need people in their database as potential donors - www.bmdp.org will give you more information.

somethingood proceeds apace, I've got two bits of news, the proverbial good and bad. The good: we've finally sussed out what licensing we need and we've started applying for it. The officer at the BMDP helping us out with this was routed in this strange endless loop to government agency after government agency. Bizarre. Anyhow, we're applying for the two that we used last time. That satisfied the people checking our documentation in 2004, so it should be alright this time around.

The bad news is that we have some major competition for the festival. Unbeknownst to us, the Singapore Arts Festival is also doing some busking along Orchard between 10 and 20 June. Which would, yes, be the majority of our festival. I'm really not sure how this is going to work out.

We're having a planning committee meeting this weekend and once we get our licenses, I suppose more people will be reading this. ;) And I should add people to this... it really isn't a one female show. Really.

0 comments

post a comment

<< back to the main page