Tuesday, May 23, 2006

have a nice day

I don't know whether or not I'm allowed to be annoyed, or if I should apply for a license to feel that way. you know, notify the appropriate authorities that I feel that something's gone wrong and people have been unpleasant.

after sending an email detailing what we're doing and the kind of help we need, I got this reply from a certain building's management:
Hi Claudia
Thanks for your interest in our building. Unfortunately we have bookings for a number of weekends in June.
well... perhaps I should have made things a little clearer. so I sent an email in response clarifying
that we wanted to use the area outside of the building as well as nearby utilities. they replied saying that this was LTA's concern - that's true, but they didn't give me an answer about utilities or storage. I sent this in response:
Hello!

As I mentioned in my first email, what about the powerpoints [description of location]? We would really appreciate it if we could use them as our buskers need the power for amplification.

Also, we have some items like chairs and stands which we would need to store in an area nearby - could [name of building] sponsor some amount of storage space for these items?

We would be very grateful for these as we are a charity project and are seeking to keep costs as low as possible - your help would be as good as a donation to the BMDP. Thank you for your consideration!

Regards,
Claudia
and perhaps I had asked for too much, because they told me:
Claudia,

We regret we are unable to assist you in this event.
oh. well. have a nice day, too.

I leave you to draw your own conclusion about how kind people are in certain parts of Orchard. fortunately, this is a small part of Orchard - everyone else has been really helpful so far, even going as far to discuss placement and so on with me.

yeah, I'm wondering if I should ask them for an explanation, or if that will annoy them enough to drive us away altogether.

0 comments

post a comment

<< back to the main page